Recipe for Malpua
Need a Malpua Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Malpua Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Malpua recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Malpua recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Malpua Recipe:
1 litre milk
1 cup sugar
For the syrup:
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
For the malpua:
500 gms all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
400 gms sweetened condensed milk
Slivered almonds and pistachios to garnish
1. Mix the milk and 1 cup of sugar in a thick-bottomed pan
2. Cook to reduce it to a fourth of its original volume while stirring frequently
3. Remove it from the fire; allow cooling and then chilling in the refrigerator
4. Mix equal quantity of sugar and water in a pan
5. Boil it until a single-thread consistency is obtained
6. Add cardamom powder, saffron threads, mix well
7. Keep it aside to use later
8. In a large mixing bowl, blend the condensed milk, flour and baking powder together to form a smooth batter
9. Meanwhile heat enough ghee in a deep frying pan to cook the malpuas
10. Pour the batter into the oil to form circles about 4″ in diameter
11. Cook till golden brown
12. Remove from the oil and put directly into the sugar syrup
13. Remove after 2-3 minutes and drain on a wire rack
14. Now to serve, place 2 malpuas in a plate, spoon rabri over them and garnish with slivered nuts.
Tip : Rabri is optional. There are people who prefer having malpua without rabri.