Recipe for Malabari Prawn Curry
Need a Malabari Prawn Curry Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Malabari Prawn Curry Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Malabari Prawn Curry recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Malabari Prawn Curry recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Malabari Prawn Curry Recipe:
Malabari Prawn Curry
3/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
Salt to taste
2 Tbsp Coconut oil
1/2 cup grated coconut
1 tsp fenugreek seeds
1 tsp coriander seeds
3-4 garlic cloves
2 red chillies
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 green chilies
1 cup coconut milk
7-8 curry leaves
1 Tbsp tamarind extracts
1 small piece jaggery
1/2 cup green peas
1. To prawns add turmeric, red chili powder, salt and coconut oil. Mix well.
2. In a pan add grated coconut, fenugreek seeds and coriander seeds. Grind the dry roast mixture in mortar and pestle.
3. Now in a pan add oil, put marinated prawns and fry them.
4. In another sauce pan add coconut oil, then add Shallots cut into half, sliced ginger, roughly chopped garlic, red chilies, mustard seeds, and green chilies.
5. For dry spices add turmeric powder, chili powder and then add the grinded paste.
6. For de glazing add little water to it.
7. Now add coconut milk little by little.
8. Add salt to taste.
9. Now add curry leaves, tomatoes and tamarind extract.
10. After this add little jaggery, green peas and now add poached prawns.
11. Cover it with lid.
12. Garnish it with two fried prawns.
13. Serve hot.