Need a Makhani Arbi Masala Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Makhani Arbi Masala Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Makhani Arbi Masala recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Makhani Arbi Masala recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Makhani Arbi Masala Recipe:
Makhani Arbi Masala
Arbi (medium size) – 250 gms
Besan (gram flour) – 2 tblsp
Oil (tel) (tel) – 3 tblsp
Ajwain – 1/2 tsp
Onion (pyaj) (chopped)- one
Green chilli (slit) (deseeded and chopped)- one
Red chilli (lal mirch) powder – 1/2 tblsp
Chopped coriander – 1 tblsp
Salt (namak) – 1/2 tsp or to taste
Lemon juice – 1/2 tblsp
Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
Makhani Gray :
Tomatoes (tamatar) (chopped roughly) – 250 gms
Ginger (adrak) paste – 1/2 tsp
Garlic (lasan) paste – 1/2 tsp
Green chilli – one
Red chilli (lal mirch) powder – 1/2 tsp
Laung (cloves)- 2
Choti elaichi (green cardamom)- one
Salt to taste
Butter – 2 tblsp
Honey- 1 tsp
Kasoori methi – 1 tblsp
1. Pressure cook the whole arbi with three cups of water to give one whistle.
2. Keep on low flame for 2-3 minutes.
3. Remove from fire. Cool and drain.
4. To prepare makhani gray, put tomatoes in a bandi, add one cup of water, ginger and garlic paste, green chilli, red chilli powder, laung and chot elaichi.
5. Boil. Cover and cook on low heat till it is reduced to a saucy consistency.
6. Remove from fire.
7. Blend in a mixer.
8. Strain into a clean pan.
9. Add butter. Stir in honey.
10. Add salt to taste.
11. Keep on fire.
12. Boil. Simmer on low flame for 1-2 minutes.
13. Add kasoori methi and remove from fire.
14. Keep the makhani gray aside.
15. Peel and flatten each piece or arbi.
16. Sprinkle some salt and red chilli powder on it.
17. Sprinkle dry besan.
18. Overturn the pieces and sprinkle salt, red chilli and besan on the other side too.
19. Mix, so as to coat lightly.
20. Heat oil on a large tawa, add half the arbi and sauté over medium heat till golden.
21. Shift the fried arbi from the center to the sides (periphery) of the tawa.
22. Add the rest of the arbi, fry and shift to the sides.
23. In the same oil, add ajwain, when it turns golden, add chopped onions, grated ginger and green chilli and sauté for three minutes.
24. Add 1/2 tsp salt.
25. Return the arbi to the center, add red chillies and half of the coriander.
26. Fry for a minute.
27. Add the prepared makhani gray and fry until the arbi is coated with the gravy.
28. Adjust seasoning.
29. Sprinkle lemon juice, garam masala and the remaining coriander.
30. Stir and serve immediately.