Recipe for Mackerel Masala
Need a Mackerel Masala Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Mackerel Masala Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Mackerel Masala recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Mackerel Masala recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Mackerel Masala Recipe:
1 cup coconut scraped
salt to taste
1 tblsp oil
5 onions sliced
1/2 inch cinnamon
6 big size mackerels (bangda) scaled
8 red chillies whole
1 tbsp coriander seeds
1 small size tamarind
6 cloves garlic
2 tsp turmeric powder
1. Wash and cut each mackerel into 4 pieces.
2. Apply salt, then wash again after 5 minutes.
3. Put the mackerels in a pot along with 3 to 4 cup water, a pinch of salt and one tsp of turmeric powder.
4. Stir fry for 10 minutes.
6. When the mackerels cool, de-bone and cut into small pieces.
7. Heat up oil and stir-fry garlic, peppercorns, cloves and cinnamon.
9. Stir-fry coriander seeds and red chillies in the same oil and drain.
10. In the remaining oil stir fry the onions till dark brown.
11. Grind everything the fried ingredients (except the onions) with coconut and tamarind into a fine paste.
12. Mix in the ground masala and water to the browned onions and bring to a boil.
13. Mix in the mackerel pieces and salt and simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) for 2-3 minutes.
14. Serve hot.