Recipe for Luchi
Need a Luchi Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Luchi Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Luchi recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Luchi recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Luchi Recipe:
11/3 cup Flour (Maida)
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Sugar (optional)
3 tbsp Melted Ghee
1/2 cup Warm Water or as needed
Ghee for deep frying
1. Blend the flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Rub the melted ghee into it and gradually using enough water to make a stiff but pliable dough.
2. Cover the dough with damp cloth and set aside for 30 minutes.
3. Knead dough a little again. Dough should be stiff enough to roll without extra flour.
4. Make small balls of the dough and cover them with damp cloth.
5. Take one ball of dough and dip a corner of ball in melted ghee or oil and roll it out into 5 to 6 inches round. Repeat the same process to roll out all pooris.
6. Heat plenty of oil in a kadhai until very hot. Put in a luchi and immediately start flickering hot oil over the top of it with a spatula so that it will swell up like a ball.
7. This should take only a few seconds. Flip the luchi over and cook the other side until golden brown.
8. Serve hot with curries or vegetables.