Recipe for Lavang Latika
Need a Lavang Latika Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Lavang Latika Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Lavang Latika recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Lavang Latika recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Lavang Latika Recipe:
2 tbsp semolina (rava)
1/2 tsp green cardamom powder
1 pinch nutmeg powder
1 pinch salt
1 coconut grated
1/2 cup milk
pure ghee to fry
2 cup refined flour (maida)
1/2 cup sugar (for syrup)
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup water
1. Sieve flour.
2. Mix in oil and enough water to knead into a firm dough.
3. Cover with a damp cloth and keep aside.
4. Bring the sugar and water to boil.
5. Simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) to obtain sugar syrup of three string consistency and keep aside.
6. Heat up one tsp ghee in a pot and fry the semolina till light brown.
7. Mix in milk, sugar and coconut and keep stirring on a low heat up till the mixture becomes thick.
8. Take off from heat.
9. Mix in cardamom powder and nutmeg powder.
10. Cool and divide into 12 portions.
11. Divide the dough into 12 portions.
12. Roll out one portion into a small puri.
13. Put a little stuffing in the centre and fold the puri like an envelope.
14. Stick a clove in the centre to keep it in place.
15. Heat up ghee and fry the latikas on medium heat up till golden brown.
16. Remove and soak them immediately in the hot sugar syrup.
17. Remove and serve after a couple of hours.