Need a Lasuni Dal Tadka Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Lasuni Dal Tadka Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Lasuni Dal Tadka recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Lasuni Dal Tadka recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Lasuni Dal Tadka Recipe:
Lasuni Dal Tadka
For cooking dal:
1 cup pigeon pea lentils/tuhar dal/arhar dal
2.75 to 3 cups water for pressure cooking the lentils
1.5 tbsp garlic/lahsun
¼ cup finely chopped onions/pyaz
1 to 2 green chillies/hari mirch
½ tsp cumin powder/jeera powder
½ tsp turmeric powder/haldi
½ tsp lemon juice or as required (optional)
salt as required
½ to 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves for garnish
Tempering the lasooni dal
1 tsp finely chopped garlic/lahsun
½ tsp cumin/jeera
1.5 to 2 tbsp ghee
½ kashmiri red chilli powder
pinch of asafoedita/hing
½ tsp dry fenugreek leaves/kasuri methi
1. Add rinsed tuvar/arhar dal, onions, garlic, green chilies, turmeric and asafoetida/hing in the pressure cooker.
2. Add water. pressure cook the lentils for 10 to 12 whistles till you get a smooth mashable consistency.
3. Mash the dal with a spoon or wired whisk. if the dal become thick, you can add some hot water and make it medium consistency. you can also have a thick consistency of this dal, if you prefer. season with salt. stir and keep aside.
Tempering the dal/tadka:
1. Heat ghee or oil in a small pan. splutter the cumin first.
2. Then add garlic. saute the garlic for some seconds. a light brown garlic is also fine.
3. Switch off the flame and add red chili powder, asafoetida/hing and dry fenugreek leaves/kasuri methi. stir.
4. Pour the entire tempering/tadka in the lashuni dal. stir.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve lasooni dal tadka hot, with steamed basmati rice or a fragrant rice like ambe mohur. you can also serve the lasooni dal tadka with rotis and bread too.
6. you can also add some lemon juice to the dal toward the end, to give a slight tang.