Recipe for Lapsi
Need a Lapsi Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Lapsi Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Lapsi recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Lapsi recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Lapsi Recipe:
1 cup Broken Wheat (gehun ka fada or Dalia)
1 cup Sugar
1 tbsp Cardamom Powder (elaichi)
1/4 cup Warm Milk
6 tbsp Pure Ghee
3 cups Water
1. Take a pan and heat pure ghee in it.
2. Now, add broken wheat to it and fry it, while stirring continuously, till it turns golden brown.
3. Take another pan and heat 3 cups of water in it.
4. Add this warm water to the broken wheat and turn the knob to medium-high heat.
5. Reduce the heat when water starts to boil and stir it continuously, till wheat blends well into water.
6. Now, add cardamom powder and sugar to the mixture, mix well and cook it on slow flame.
7. Turn off the flame when the ghee starts to separate from the mixture.
8. Let the lapsi cool down.
9. Before serving, add milk to it and heat again.