Recipe for Kumror Chokka
Need a Kumror Chokka Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Kumror Chokka Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Kumror Chokka recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Kumror Chokka recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Kumror Chokka Recipe:
250 gms red pumpkin diced
2 tbsp whole chola/channa soaked in water overnight
2 potatoes, peeled and diced
4 parwals, cut in quarter inch rounds (optional)
2 bay leaves
4 tbsp oil
1/8 tsp panch phoran
A pinch asafoetida
2-3 whole red chillies
1-1/2 tsp turmeric paste
1/2 tsp chilli paste
1-1/2 tbsp cumin paste
1/2 tbsp coriander paste
1 tbsp ginger paste
1 tbsp ghee
1 tsp powdered garam masala
2 tsp sugar
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a kerahi.
2. Add the bay leaves, panch phoran, asafetida and whole red chillies.
3. Stir fry until spluttering stops.
4. Add first the parwals and fry 3 to 4 mins before adding potatoes, continuing to fry a further 5 mins.
5. Then add the red pumpkin.
6. Stir fry until vegetables are all well fried.
7. Now mix together in half or three quarter cup water, the masala pastes and pour over the vegetables.
8. Add salt to taste.
9. Add the drained whole chola and simmer gently until vegetables are cooked and there is no gravy in the pan.
10. Heat ghee in a frying pan.
11. Stir into the chokka with the sugar.
12. Finally before removing from fire, sprinkle with the powdered garam masala.