Recipe for Kothimbir Vadi
Need a Kothimbir Vadi Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Kothimbir Vadi Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Kothimbir Vadi recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Kothimbir Vadi recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Kothimbir Vadi Recipe:
4 cups chopped fresh coriander
1 cup besan (chickpea flour)
1/2 cup wholewheat flour
1/2 cup semolina
1.5 tspn chilli powder
1 tspn salt
1/2 tspn turmeric powder
1 tspn sesame seeds
1 tspn powdered fennel seeds (saunf)
1/2 tspn sugar
2 tblspn oil
1. Mix all the above ingredients and form a dough by adding very little water at a time (do not add too much water or the whole thing will turn soggy and you will start hating me).
2. If you find the mixture too sticky just oil your palms well and then handle the dough.
3. You can divide the dough into 2 or 3 portions. Shape them into elongated logs.
4. Now oil a steel vessel (one which you can place inside your pressure cooker) and put all the portions of the dough in it.
5. Pressure cook this mixture for the same duration as you would for dal and rice.
6. Let the cooker cool down a bit and then open it. Also let the steamed dough cool. After it has cooled completely cut it into slices as thick or thin as you want.
7. Heat some oil on a tawa (griddle) and shallow fry these pieces (Wadis).
8. Serve hot garnished with fresh coriander and freshly grated coconut.
9. If you are on a diet eat these wadis without shallow frying them and only steamed.