Need a Kheema Dum Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Kheema Dum Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Kheema Dum recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Kheema Dum recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Kheema Dum Recipe:
1/2 kg minced meat
2 cups onions-sliced thinly
1/4 cup ghee
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1/4 cup chopped raw papaya
1 Tbsp coriander seeds – roasted and powdered
6 cloves-roasted and powdered
6 green cardamom- roasted and powdered
1 tsp cumin seeds – roasted and powdered ]
1/2 tsp pieces of cinnamom – roasted and powdered
Seeds of 1 black cardamom- roasted and powdered
1/2 tsp pieces of mace – roasted and powdered
1/8 tsp grated nutmeg
4 peppercorns – roasted and powdered
2 Tbsp mustard oil
Salt to taste
2 cloves powdered
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1 tsp chilli powder
1 piece of coal
1/2 tsp ghee
1. Heat 1/4 cup ghee. Fry the onions till brown and crisp; remove and grind to a paste with some water.
2. Mix the minced meat with the ginger and garlic paste and chopped papaya.
3. Add the roasted and powdered ingredients and the onion paste.
4. Marinate for at least 2 hrs. Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan with a tight fitting lid.
5. Add the mincemeat, salt and chilli powder, mix well, cover and cook thoroughly over low heat.
6. Do not stir while cooking. The fat will separate when cooked.
7. Before serving, set alight a piece of charcoal.
8. Place it in a small bowl or in an aluminum foil shaped like a cup.
9. Place this in the centre of the cooked minced meat, pour the 1/2 tsp ghee and the powdered clove over it and cover immediately.
10. Leave thus for about 5 minutes, remove the coal and bowl/foil; serve mince garnished with chopped coriander leaves.