Need a Khatti Arbi Ka Salan Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Khatti Arbi Ka Salan Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Khatti Arbi Ka Salan recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Khatti Arbi Ka Salan recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Khatti Arbi Ka Salan Recipe:
Khatti Arbi Ka Salan
250 gms Colocassia (arbi).
3 tbsps Oil
1 Onion (sliced)
8-10 Curry Leaves
2-3 Green Chillies
1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
3 medium Tomatoes
Salt to taste
2 tbsps Tamarind Pulp
1. Peel and slice onions. Chop tomatoes, de-seed and chop green chillies.
2. Soak tamarind in lukewarm water for 15 minutes and squeeze out the pulp.
3. Boil Arbi in salted water till tender, peel, slice the bigger ones into two pieces if desired.
4. Heat oil in a pan and sauté onions till golden brown. Add curry leaves, chopped chillies, ginger garlic paste and sauté for a few minutes.
5. Add turmeric, red chilli powder and sauté for 3-4 minutes on a low heat.
6. Add chopped tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes are completely mashed.
7. Add the arbi and cook for 2 minutes pour one cup of water and salt, cook for2-3 minutes.
8. Add tamarind pulp. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
9. Serve hot with Hyderabadi paratha.