Recipe for Khameeri Roti
Need a Khameeri Roti Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Khameeri Roti Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Khameeri Roti recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Khameeri Roti recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Khameeri Roti Recipe:
2 cups (400gms) Whole wheat flour
Butter or ghee for greasing the baking tray
1 1/2 tsp fresh yeast (khameer)
Salt to taste
Flour to Dust
1/2 cup warm water
1. Dissolve the yeast in half cup warm water and keep aside.
2. Add salt in the flour and sieve it in a platter.
3. Make a whole in between the flour and add about a cup fo water.Mix the flour and knead to make stiff dough.Keep aside for 15 minutes
4. Now slowly sprinkle the yeast over the dough and keep kneading it till it becomes smooth and not sticky.
5. Cover with a damp cloth and keep aside for half n hour.
6. Now divide it into 8-10 equal round portions.Dust the ball with flour and roll it into 8 inches wide rotis.
7. Either stick these rotis in a clay tandoor and cook for 2 minutes or place them on the greased baking tray and bake them in the oven for 4-5 minutes at 180 degree celsius.
8. Serve hot with a choice of curry