Need a Kerala Curd Fish Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Kerala Curd Fish Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Kerala Curd Fish recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Kerala Curd Fish recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Kerala Curd Fish Recipe:
Kerala Curd Fish
250 gm Fish (cubed)
1 small Onion (ground)
1 tsp Ginger Paste
½ tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Red Chilly Powder
½ tsp Cumin Powder
2 tbsp Maida
1 small Bay Leaf
1 cup Curd (blended)
2 tbsp Mustard Oil
½ tsp Sugar
Salt (to taste)
1. Rub the fish pieces with maida.
2. Heat 1 tbsp mustard oil in a pan and shallow fry the fish. Remove and keep aside.
3. Put in the remaining oil and fry cardamom, cinnamon, and bay leaf.
4. Add onion paste, ginger paste, turmeric powder, cumin powder, and red chilly powder. Pour some water and stir well. Cook on low flame for 3-4 minutes.
5. Stir in curd and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
6. Add fish pieces, sugar, salt, and some more water to make a gravy. Simmer on low flame, until it thickens.
7. Serve hot with rice.