Need a Keema Matar Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Keema Matar Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Keema Matar recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Keema Matar recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Keema Matar Recipe:
1/2 kg minced meat
1 cup shelled green peas
1/2 cup ghee
2 tsp cumin seeds
A small piece of cinnamon
Seeds of 1 black cardamom
2 bay leaves
1 cup grated onions
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
2 cups chopped tomatoes
Salt to taste
1 Tbsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1. Heat the ghee in a heavy-based pan and add the cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon, peppercorn, cardamom and bay leaves.
2. When the seeds start to splutter, add the garlic, ginger and onions, and stir-fry till the fat separates.
3. Add the tomatoes, salt, coriander powder, turmeric and chilli powder.
4. Continue to stir-fry till fat separates. Increase heat to high and add the mince and the peas.
5. Stir a few times till the mince looks fried, then lower heat and sauté till cooked through and fat separates once again.
6. Serve hot, garnished with chopped coriander leaves.