Need a Karuvadu Thokku Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Karuvadu Thokku Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Karuvadu Thokku recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Karuvadu Thokku recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Karuvadu Thokku Recipe:
6 to 8 karuvadu pieces ( salted Dry Fish)
2 to 3 tbsp oil
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 twig curry leaves
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 1/2 tsp red chilly powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
Salt as required
1. Wash and chop the karuvadu to bite-sized pieces.
2. Soak in warm water for 5 to 10 mins.
3. Once again wash, drain and set aside.
4. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan.
5. Add the fennel seeds and curry leaves.
6. Wait to splutter and add chopped onion.
7. Saute till they turn golden brown.
8. Add ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute.
9. Then add the mashed tomatoes and fry till they are done and combined well with the onions.
10. Now add the red chilly powder, cumin powder , very little salt and coriander powder.
11. Fry for few minutes.
12. Now add the karuvadu and fry into the masala prepared.
13. Add 1/4 cup of water and mix well ( take care the masala doesn’t get burnt at the bottom)
14. Keep the flame in low-medium and allow the karuvadu to cook completely. (approx 15 mins )
15. Stir once in a while by drizzling oil to the sides.
16. Taste and adjust salt and spices. Saute till it attains dry consistency.
17. Remove from flame and garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
18. Delicious Karuvadu Thokku / Salted Dry Fish is ready to be served.
19. It makes a scrumptious combo with sambar, rasam and curd rice.