Recipe for Karela Masaledar
Need a Karela Masaledar Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Karela Masaledar Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Karela Masaledar recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Karela Masaledar recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Karela Masaledar Recipe:
2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
oil to fry
5 -6 bitter gourd
salt to taste
2 medium sized onions
1 tsp dry mango powder
1. Take off and reserve the scrapings of the karelas.
2. Give a slit on one side and take off all the seeds.
3. Cut karelas into thin slices.
4. Wash and rub two table spoons salt all over the karelas and its scrapings.
5. Set aside for 3-4 hours.
6. Wash completely again and squeeze dry the karelas.
7. Heat up oil in kadhai.
8. Deep fry the cut karelas till dark brown and crisp.
9. Take off the karelas and keep aside.
10. Slice onions.
11. Heat up 3 tblsp of oil in a kadai.
12. Mix in cut onions.
13. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes till they are transluscent.
14. Mix in scrappings of karela and let it stir fry till onions are a little brown.
15. Mix in turmeric powder, coriander powder, dry mango powder and red chilli powder.
16. Mix in the fried karelas to the above mixture and stir fry covered on low heat up for 5-6 minutes.
17. Mix in salt if needed.
18. Serve hot with chapati.