Recipe for Karaikudi Chicken Fry
Need a Karaikudi Chicken Fry Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Karaikudi Chicken Fry Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Karaikudi Chicken Fry recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Karaikudi Chicken Fry recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Karaikudi Chicken Fry Recipe:
Karaikudi Chicken Fry
1/2 kg chicken
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp lemon juice
2 or 3 tbsp oil
2 red chilli
1 tbsp coriander seeds
1/2 inch ginger piece
4 to 5 garlic pods
1/2 tsp pepper corns
2 tbsp grated coconut
1/4 tsp mustard
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp fennel seeds
1/2 tsp coriander powder
Fresh coriander leaves
Salt to taste
1. Wash, clean the chicken pieces.
2. Marinate with turmeric powder, red chilly powder, lemon juice and salt.
3. Heat 1 tsp of oil in a fry pan.
4. Roast red chillies, coriander seeds, ginger, garlic, cinnamon, cardamom, pepper, cloves, curry leaves and grated coconut for few minutes and turn off.
5. Allow to cool.
6. Grind all the ingredients into a smooth paste by adding some water.
7. Heat oil in a fry pan.
8. Add mustard seeds and wait to crackle.
9. Add cumin seeds and fennel seeds.
10. Let it fry for few seconds.
11. Add onion slices and fry to translucent.
12. Add finely chopped tomatoes and fry until it is cooked soft and mushy.
13. Add coriander powder and saute in low flame for 5 mins.
14. Add the freshly ground masala paste ( step 6 )
15. Mix well and saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
16. Add the marinated chicken and fry until the chicken absorbs the masala well.
17. Add water and cook covered in medium flame.
18. Stir occasionally and cook until it is done.
19. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves & roasted cashew nuts.