Need a Jhinge Aloo Posto Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Jhinge Aloo Posto Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Jhinge Aloo Posto recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Jhinge Aloo Posto recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Jhinge Aloo Posto Recipe:
Jhinge Aloo Posto
6 pieces – jhinge/ridge gourd, medium sized de-skinned and chopped into medium pieces
2 – potatoes, medium sized, chopped into medium pieces
30g – poppy seeds
Mustard oil for cooking (preferably)
3/4 tsp – turmeric powder
2-3 – green chillies, slit
Salt as per taste
1. Soak poppy seeds in water and keep aside for 15 minutes.
2. Grind with the help of a mortar and pestle or in a mixer grinder.
3. Keep the paste aside.
4. Heat some mustard oil in a frying pan.
5. Dash the vegetables (jhinge and potatoes) into it.
6. Cook well for 5 minutes till the vegetables become soft.
7. Add the paste of poppy seeds into it.
8. Mix the veggies well with the poppy seeds.
9. Add salt and green chilies.
10. You may add half a cup of water to obtain an even paste.
11. Jhinge aloo posto, steaming rice and ghee makes a perfect start to a traditional Bengali lunch.