Need a Jalebi Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Jalebi Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Jalebi recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Jalebi recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Jalebi Recipe:
2 cups All purpose flour (maida)
11/2 tbsp fine grained semolina or rice flour
1/4th tsp baking powder
2 tbsp curd (plain yogurt)
11/4th cups warm water
1/2 tsp saffron threads, slowly dry-roasted and powdered
3 cups sugar
22/3rd cups water
1/2 tsp green cardamom seeds powder
11/2 tbsp kewra water or rose water
Ghee or vegetable oil for frying
1. Mix the flour, semolina or rice flour, baking powder, curd and 3/4th cup of the water in a bowl (preferably a ceramic bowl). Mix well with a whisk.
2. Mix well and then add remaining water and 1/8th tsp. of saffron powder, and whisk until smooth.
3. Set aside for about 2 hours to ferment.
4. Whisk thoroughly before use.
5. Prepare one string syrup by dissolving sugar in the water. Just before the syrup is ready add saffron and cardamom powder.
6. Heat oil in a kadhai. Pour the batter in a steady stream ( or coconut shell with a hole) into the kadhai to form coils. Make a few at a time.
7. Deep fry them until they are golden and crisp all over but not brown.
8. Remove from the kadhai and drain on kitchen paper and immerse in the syrup.
9. Leave for at least 4-5 minutes so that they soak the syrup.
10. Take the jalebi out of syrup and serve hot.