Recipe for Hyderabadi Mutton Curry
Need a Hyderabadi Mutton Curry Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Hyderabadi Mutton Curry Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Hyderabadi Mutton Curry recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Hyderabadi Mutton Curry recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Hyderabadi Mutton Curry Recipe:
Hyderabadi Mutton Curry
1 kg (35 oz.) Mutton
1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
2 cups thick Yogurt
2 Cinnamon Stick
5 – 6 Green Cardamoms
2 Bay Leaf
2 tbsp Poppy Seeds (soaked in a little warm water for 10 mins)
Few strands Saffron
2 tbsp Cream
4 tbsp Oil
2 tbsp Ghee
4 Onion (finely chopped)
2 Tomato(medium) (chopped)
3 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
5 Green Chilies (slit)
3 – 4 tbsp Grated Coconut
½ tsp Turmeric Powder
2 tsp Chili Powder
3 tsp Coriander Powder
1 tsp Cumin Powder
Salt to taste
10 Almonds (blanched and sliced)
1. Marinate the mutton with cumin powder, ginger-garlic paste, curd, red chili powder, coriander powder and green chilies for an hour.
2. Make a paste by grinding poppy seeds and grated coconut.
3. Take a vessel and heat both oil and ghee.
4. Put whole spices, bay leaf and fry for a few seconds.
5. Add onions and fry till it turns transparent.
6. Add tomatoes and the marinated mutton and mix well.
7. Cook on a medium flame till the water is completely evaporated.
8. Put the poppy seeds-coconut paste, salt and mix well.
9. Add 3 cups of water and cook till the mutton is tender and the gravy thickens.
10. At the end add garam masala powder, saffron solution and mix well.
11. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves, sliced almonds and fresh cream.