Recipe for Gurer Payesh
Need a Gurer Payesh Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Gurer Payesh Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Gurer Payesh recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Gurer Payesh recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Gurer Payesh Recipe:
1 tbsp raisins
1 cup basmati rice
3 green cardamoms
10 almonds (optional)
1 cup jaggery grated
2 liter milk
1 tbsp sugar
1. Clean and wash the rice.
2. Remove and let it dry for an hour.
3. Blanch the almonds and slice.
4. Wash the raisins.
5. Boil milk.
6. Lower the heat up and continue to boil stirring constantly for fifteen to twenty minutes.
7. Mix in the rice and continue to stir fry till the rice is soft.
8. Mix in sugar.
9. Continue to stir fry till the milk has reduced to half.
10. Mix in jaggery and mix.
11. Mix in the cardamoms, almond slices and raisins (if using) and stir well.
12. Serve cold.