Need a Gudamma Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Gudamma Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Gudamma recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Gudamma recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Gudamma Recipe:
2 lbs Green Mango, peeled and chopped into half inch cubes.
1 tsp Panch Phoran
1/2 lbs Gud (Jaggery)
3-4 dried red chilli
1 tsp Fennel (Saunf)
10-12 Whole Black Pepper Seeds.
2 tbsp Mustard Oil
1. Heat oil in a pan and add Panchphoran and Dried Chilli.
2. When it splutters, add the cut mangoes and stir for 10 or so minutes, till they are light brown in color.
3. Then add salt to taste, add Gud and about 2 cups water.
4. Let it simmer/boil for 5-10 minutes, till the mangoes have softened/caramelized and the syrup has a somewhat viscous consistency.
5. Add powdered Saunf and Black Pepper to the mix and turn off the flame.