Recipe for Gongura Chicken Fry
Need a Gongura Chicken Fry Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Gongura Chicken Fry Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Gongura Chicken Fry recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Gongura Chicken Fry recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Gongura Chicken Fry Recipe:
Gongura Chicken Fry
2 sprigs of curry leaves
¼ tsp garam masala (adjust as needed)
pinch of cumin
1 cup of gongura leaves
2 to 3 green chilies
1 tsp oil
few tbsp. of ghee for frying chicken
300 gram of chicken
1 medium sized onion coarsely ground
½ tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp ghee
¼ tsp red chili powder
¼ tsp coriander powder or garam masala powder
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1. Marinate the chicken with the marination ingredients and set aside for 10 mins
2. Heat a pan with 1 tsp oil, sauté gongura leaves well till they wilt off fully. set aside to cool.
3. Once cool, add green chilies and grind coarsely
4. Cook the chicken till tender. if needed add few tsp. of water. But at the end no water should be left. if left, evaporate
5. Heat a pan with ghee, add curry leaves and cumin, sauté till they crackle
6. Add chicken, garam masala and fry till almost dry.
7. Add gongura paste and fry till no moisture is left in the leaves and gongura must cling on to the chicken.