Need a Dum Pukht Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Dum Pukht Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Dum Pukht recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Dum Pukht recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Dum Pukht Recipe:
3 cups water
1 cup curd (dahi)
1/2 cup regular atta (dough)
salt (namak) to taste
2 tbsp oil (tel)
1/2 kg mutton
2-3 green cardamoms
1 tsp jeera
2 pods garlic (lasan)
1 black cardamom
1/2 cup corriander leaves
1-6 green chillies
4 cloves (lavang)
1 inch piece ginger (adrak)
6 black pepper (kali mirch) corns
1/4 cup mint (pudina) leaves
1/2 onion (pyaj)
1. Mix completely mutton, curd and salt and keep aside
2. In a mixer grind the marinate till it forms a fine paste.
3. Mix the paste with the marinated mutton.
4. Put in freezer for 6-8 hours
5. Heat up oil in a thick-bottomed pan.
6. Mix in marinated mutton and stir fry on a slow flame for 10 minutes or till the oil leaves the masala.
7. Mix in the water.
8. Cover the pot with a lid.
9. Seal with aata and stir fry for 45 minutes on a slow flame or till steam comes out of cracks in the aata.
10. Cut off the aata and serve with nan.