Need a Dal Tadka Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Dal Tadka Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Dal Tadka recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Dal Tadka recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Dal Tadka Recipe:
2-3 tsp Ghee
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
1/2 tsp Jeera/cumin seeds
a pinch of Hing
1 Red chilli (dried)
1/2 inch piece finely chopped Ginger
5 -6 cloves of garlic (optional)
1 finely chopped Green chilli
3-4 very finely chopped Shallots or small onions
few Curry leaves
1. Wash dal well, add water in the ratio 1:3. For 1/2 cups of dal, add 1 1/2 cups of water.
2. Add turmeric powder and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
3. After opening the lid, mash it well and add salt to taste.
For Tadka (tempering)
1. Heat ghee, add mustard seeds, when it splutter, add jeera seeds and the rest of the ingredients mentioned above.
2. Saute till small onion changes color, then pour it over the dal.
3. Check seasoning and add salt if required.