Recipe for Dal Fry
Need a Dal Fry Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Dal Fry Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Dal Fry recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Dal Fry recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Dal Fry Recipe:
1 cup Split pigeon pea (toor dal/arhar dal)
4 tablespoons Ghee
1 medium Onion ,finely chopped
3 cloves Garlic,finely chopped
3/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon Dry mango powder (amchur)
1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
1. Heat half of the ghee in a pan.
2. Add half of the chopped onion and garlic and sauté till golden.
3. Add turmeric powder, dal, two cups of water and salt to taste.
4. Stir and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for twenty minutes.
5. Add mango powder and simmer for another fifteen minutes.
6. Heat the remaining ghee in another pan. Add cumin seeds.
7. When they begin to change colour add the remaining onion and garlic and sauté till pink.
8. Add red chilli powder and sauté for two to three minutes. Add this seasoning to the dal, simmer for two minutes and remove from heat.
9. Serve hot.