Need a Dahi Bhindi Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Dahi Bhindi Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Dahi Bhindi recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Dahi Bhindi recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Dahi Bhindi Recipe:
4 cups (bhindi) ladies finger, cut 1/2″ pieces
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
1 tbsp urad dal (split black lentils)
3 whole dry kashmiri red chillies, broken into pieces
5 to 6 curry leaves (kadi patta)
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1/4 cup fresh curds (dahi)
3 tbsp oil
salt to taste
To be ground into a paste
1/2 cup freshly grated coconut
2 tbsp broken cashew nuts (kaju)
1. Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the lady fingers in oil until crisp. Remove and drain on absorbent paper.
2. Heat the oil again; add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds and urad dal. When they crackle, add the red chillies and curry leaves.
3. Add the onions and sauté until it is golden in colour.
4. Add the tomatoes, chilli powder, turmeric powder, the ground paste and salt and fry until the oil comes out from the sides.
5. Add 1¼ cups of water to the curds, beat well and add it to the mixture.
6. Add the sautéed bhindi and cook for a few minutes.
7. Serve hot.