Recipe for Crab Curry
Need a Crab Curry Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Crab Curry Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Crab Curry recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Crab Curry recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Crab Curry Recipe:
1 cup water
6 big size crabs
8 red chillies whole
1 tblsp tamarind pulp
1/2 coconut scraped
1 tsp garam masala powder
8 cloves garlic
1 tblsp oil
1 big size onion sliced
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin seeds
1. Boil the crabs and clean them, only the body and claws are used (the crab claws can be lightly cracked and the body cut into half, to facilitate eating).
2. Grind the scraped coconut with red chillies, cumin seeds, turmeric powder and garlic to a fine paste.
3. Heat up oil on medium heat up and stir fry cut onion.
4. Stir-fry for one minute.
5. Mix in ground spices and stir-fry for a minute.
6. Mix in tamarind pulp, salt to taste and crabs.
7. Simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) on low heat, covered for 15 minutes.
8. Mix in little more water if necessary and stir fry till done.
9. Serve hot.