Recipe for Coorg Pandi Curry
Need a Coorg Pandi Curry Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Coorg Pandi Curry Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Coorg Pandi Curry recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Coorg Pandi Curry recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Coorg Pandi Curry Recipe:
Coorg Pandi Curry
1 tsp fenugreek seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp pepper
For the masala paste:
2 1/2 small onions, quartered
10-12 curry leaves
4-5 small green chillies
Handful of coriander leaves
1/2 tsp oil
1/2 kg pork
Salt to taste
1 tsp oil
1/4 tsp haldi
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
6-7 curry leaves
1 Tbsp masala
1/2 cup pork stock
1 Tbsp masala paste
1 tsp turmeric extract
4-5 cups of water
1. Take a pot, add 1/2 kg pork, water, salt and let it simmer for 40 minutes.
2. In the meanwhile prepare the masala.
For the masala:
3. Take a pan, add fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, coriander seeds and pepper. Mix well. Roast it till it changes color. Once roasted, powder the mix and use it as a masala. Keep aside.
For the masala paste:
4. Take a pan, add onions, ginger,cloves, curry leaves and small green chillies.
5. Mix well. Let the onions turn brown in color.
6. Once cooked, add a handful of coriander leaves and oil so that the ingredients don’t stick to each other.
7. Mix and remove from heat. Now grind this paste nicely. Keep aside.
8. Now take a pan, add oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves, masala paste and mix well.
9. Then add half a cup of water, masala, half cup pork stock, haldi and red chilli powder.
10. Once fried, add pork, turmeric extract and salt to taste. Mix well.
11. Add 4-5 cups of water. Cover the pan and cook it till the pork is nice and tender.
12. Make sure that the pork is coated well with the masala.
13. Once cooked garnish it with coriander leaves.
14. Serve hot with steamed rice.