Need a Chicken Pulao Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Chicken Pulao Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Chicken Pulao recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Chicken Pulao recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Chicken Pulao Recipe:
2 cups Rice (washed and soaked for 10 minutes)
250 gms Chicken (cut into cubes or medium sized pieces)
2 Onions (chopped or sliced)
1 Tomato (chopped)
2 Green chilli (chopped)
1tsp Turmeric powder
1 ½ tsp Red chilli powder
1tsp Jeera powder
1tsp Coriander powder
A pinch of Garam masala
1tsp Cumin seeds
1 Bay leaf
Salt to taste
2 cups Water
1. Heat oil in a pressure cooker. When the oil starts steaming, season with cumin seeds and bay leaf.
2. When the seeds start to splutter, add onions and saute on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
3. Now add green chilli, salt, turmeric, and mix well. Cook for another minute and then add the chopped tomatoes.
4. Cook for about 2 minutes and then add red chilli powder, coriander powder, jeera powder, garam masala and mix well.
5. Now add the chicken pieces and cook on a medium flame for 4-5 minutes.
6. Pour the rice with water and mix well so that the ingredients are evenly spread.
7. Pressure cook for the duration of 3 whistles.
8. When the pressure is released, open the lid and serve.