Need a Chicken Methi Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Chicken Methi Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Chicken Methi recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Chicken Methi recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Chicken Methi Recipe:
1 tsp garam masala powder
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 cup yogurt
2 bay leaves
750 gms chicken
2 tbsp kasoori methi
1 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
2 tbsp ginger chopped
2 tbsp green chillies chopped
salt to taste
2 cup onion chopped
1 tbsp coriander powder
2 tbsp garlic paste
1. Clean, skin, wash and cut chicken into medium sized pieces.
2. Heat up oil in a pan.
3. Mix in whole garam masala and bay leaves.
4. Stir fry until cardamoms starts to crackle.
5. Mix in cut onions and stir fry until transluscent and soft.
6. Make sure to stir continuously.
7. Mix in cut ginger, garlic paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder and cut green chillies.
8. Stir fry for a minute.
9. Mix in chicken pieces and beaten yogurt and stir fry on a high flame heat up for 7-8 minutes.
10. Mix in kasoori methi, garam masala powder, cut fresh coriander, salt and three fourths cup of water.
11. Cover the pot and stir fry on a low heat up for ten minutes.
12. Serve hot.