Recipe for Chicken Kurma
Need a Chicken Kurma Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Chicken Kurma Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Chicken Kurma recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Chicken Kurma recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Chicken Kurma Recipe:
1 kg chicken
1 cup onions ( pyaj) (sliced)
2 tblsp poppy seeds (khuskhus) (khuskhus)
1 tblsp coriander seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 cup coconut (narial) (scraped)
1/2 cup yogurt
2 cloves garlic (lasan)
2 tsp ginger (adrak) paste
3-4 green cardamoms
3 tblsp oil (tel)
salt (namak) to taste
6 red chillies whole
1/4 cup fresh cream (malai)
1. Clean, wash and skin the chicken. Cut the chicken into 12-14 pieces.
2. Soak poppy seeds in 1 cup warm water for 10 minutes.
3. Grind soaked poppy seeds with de-seeded red chillies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, garlic, green cardamom and scraped coconut.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Add sliced onions and cook till they are translucent. Add ginger paste and stir for 15 seconds.
5. Add chicken pieces and cook on high heat for 5 minutes stirring constantly. Make sure the chicken does not brown.
6. Stir in the ground paste and add 1 cup of water. Add salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add beaten yogurt. Simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Finish with fresh cream.