Need a Chicken Kolhapuri Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Chicken Kolhapuri Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Chicken Kolhapuri recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Chicken Kolhapuri recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Chicken Kolhapuri Recipe:
12 chicken drumsticks (tangdi)
2 Tbsp chilli powder
2 Tbsp turmeric powder
2 Tbsp ginger paste
2 Tbsp garlic paste
1 Tbsp cumin seeds
3 Tbsp coriander seeds
1 tsp fenugreek seeds (methi dana)
2 tsp white poppy seeds
1 tsp sesame seeds
1/2 cup coconut, desiccated
5 green cardamom
5 black peppercorns
5 cinnamon sticks
1 cup onions, fried
1 pinch asafoetida (hing)
6 red whole chillies, fried
1 small tomato, diced
Juice of 3 lemons
Coriander leaves (for garnish)
1. Marinate the chicken with chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger and garlic pastes. Leave for 15-20 minutes.
2. Roast the cumin seeds, coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, coconut, cloves, green cardamom, black pepper and cinnamon.
3. In a mixer, add fried onions and all the roasted spices. Make a smooth paste with some water.
4. In a pan heat oil, add ginger paste, garlic paste, asafoetida, dry red chillies, turmeric powder and tomato. Then add the ground paste.
5. Saute for some time and add chicken.
6. Saute for another 2 minutes, then add water and cook on a slow flame till chicken is cooked.
7. Add lemon juice and finish with coriander leaves.