Recipe for Chicken Kathi Roll
Need a Chicken Kathi Roll Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Chicken Kathi Roll Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Chicken Kathi Roll recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Chicken Kathi Roll recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Chicken Kathi Roll Recipe:
Chicken Kathi Roll
3 tbsps vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 large onion sliced thinly
1 tbsp garlic paste
1 tbsp ginger paste
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala powder (see link below for recipe)
300 gms boneless, skinless chicken cut into 2″ cubes/ pieces
3 tomatoes chopped fine
Salt to taste
6 Parathas (see link below for recipe to make these pan fried flabreads)
1/2 cup vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
1/2 cup Mint-Coriander Chutney (see link below for recipe)
1. Heat the oil (3 tbsps) in a deep pan on medium heat. When hot, add the cumin seeds and fry for a minute.
2. Add the sliced onions and fry till soft. Add garlic and ginger pastes and fry for 1 minute. Now add all spice powders (including garam masala) and fry until oil begins to separate from the masala (spice-onion mix).
3. Add the chicken pieces and brown. Add the tomato and salt to taste. Stir well and add 1/2 cup of water. Cook till chicken is tender. There should be almost no gravy at this stage.
4. Heat a frying pan on low heat and add a tablespoon of oil to it. While the oil is heating, break an egg in a bowl. Season with salt to taste and whisk the egg till fluffy. Pour onto the pan and spread by tilting the pan from side to side. Now quickly put a Paratha onto the still ‘wet’ egg and allow to cook. The egg will soon cook and ‘set’. This is when you flip the egg-paratha over. Cook for 30 seconds and remove from the pan.
5. To assemble the rolls: Lay one egg-paratha on a plate and spread Mint-Coriander Chutney on it. How much is a matter of personal choice. Now add roughly 2 tbsps of the cooked chicken in a line down the center of the paratha. Roll tightly. You can wrap in foil at this stage, to help keep the lot together and tidy for eating – the filling can fall out otherwise. Serve hot.