Need a Chicken Jalfrezi Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Chicken Jalfrezi Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Chicken Jalfrezi recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Chicken Jalfrezi recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Chicken Jalfrezi Recipe:
2 cloves garlic (lasan) chopped
750 gms skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut in half
3 tsp ground turmeric
1 onion (pyaj) finely grated
1 teaspoon red chilli (lal mirch) powder
1 teaspoon salt (namak)
500 gms chopped tomatoes (tamatar)
30 gms ghee
3tsp ground cumin (jeera)
3 tsp ground coriander
2 tbsp grated fresh ginger (adrak)
30 gms fresh coriander leaves roughly chopped
oil (tel) for cooking
1. Heat up about 2 tblsp oil in a deep frying pot and fry the onion and garlic for 2 minutes over high flame heat.
2. Mix in the chicken, turmeric, chili powder and salt. Fry gently for 5-10 minutes or until golden
3. Turn the chicken frequently.
4. Mix in the tomatoes, cover and stir fry over medium heat up for 20 minutes. Uncover and simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) for 10 minutes to let all the excess liquid evaporate and the sauce thicken.
5. Mix in the ghee or oil, cumin, ground coriander, ginger and fresh coriander and simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) for 5-7 minutes or until the fat separates out from the thick sauce.
6. Serve the chicken pieces with the sauce.