Recipe for Chicken Haleem
Need a Chicken Haleem Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Chicken Haleem Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Chicken Haleem recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Chicken Haleem recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Chicken Haleem Recipe:
600 grams chicken with bone
125 grams wheat berries(soaked in water overnight)
50 grams equal quantity of barley + moong dal + masoor dal + chana dal (soak in water overnight)
1/2 teaspoon whole cardamom
1/2 teaspoon whole cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon kabob chini
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon black cumin seeds (shah jeera)
3 tablespoon dried rose petals
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
salt to taste
2 cup onions chopped lengthwise
6-8 green chilies(as per spice level)
3 tablespoon ghee
2 tablespoon deep fried onions
1. Marinade the chicken in turmeric, ginger garlic paste, salt and chili powder overnight in the refrigerator.
2. In a pan heat 1 tablespoon of ghee and add the spices and saute until aroma starts coming(do not burn).
3. Grind the ingredients to a powder along with rose petals.
4. Coarsely grind all the soaked grains.
5. In a slow cooker add 1 tablespoon of ghee and add half the spice powder,salt and the coarsely ground grains and slow cook for 2 hours.
6. Meanwhile In a pressure cooker add 1 tablespoon ghee and add the onions and green chili and saute for 3-4 minutes. Add the ginger garlic paste and saute for 1 minute on medium flame.
7. Add the chicken and half the spice powder and saute for 4-5 minutes and add 1 cups water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
8. After the grain is cooked, in a large saucepan take the cooked chicken and the cooked grains and simmer on low-medium flame for half an hour, stirring and mashing in between. Remove bones while mashing. Adjust salt and add red chili powder if more spice is desired. Serve the haleem topped with fried onions and half of a soft boiled egg and squeeze lemon juice on top. Traditional Hyderabadi Haleem uses much more ghee. Feel free to add more if you like.