Recipe for Chicken Chettinad
Need a Chicken Chettinad Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Chicken Chettinad Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Chicken Chettinad recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Chicken Chettinad recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Chicken Chettinad Recipe:
500 gm chicken
75 ml oil
150 gm onions
100 gm tomatoes
2 gm cinnamon sticks
2 gm cloves
2 gm cardamoms
5 gm cumin
2 gm curry leaves
10 gm turmeric powder
25 gm coriander leaves
100 gm onions
50 gm ginger
50 gm garlic
50 gm fennel seeds
20 gm cumin seeds
25 gm peppercorns
10 gm red chillies
100 gm coconut
1. Grind the ingredients for the paste.
2. Clean and cut the chicken into 16 pieces. Marinate the chicken with the paste.
3. Chop the tomatoes, coriander leaves and the onions.
4. Heat oil and add the cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and cumin, Saute.
5. Add the chopped onions and the curry leaves. Saute until the onions are golden.
6. Add the tomatoes and saute for 5 minutes.
7. Add the marinated chicken and turmeric powder. Saute for 10 minutes, sprinkling water at intervals.
8. Add enough salt, cover with a lid and cook until done. Add more chilli or pepper if required.
9. Serve garnished with coriander leaves.