Need a Chhole Bhature Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Chhole Bhature Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Chhole Bhature recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Chhole Bhature recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Chhole Bhature Recipe:
2 cans of chickpeas (400 gm each)
2 tbsp vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
2 bay leaves
3-4 green cardamoms
3 large onions sliced
2 large tomatoes chopped
2 tbsp garlic paste
1 tbsp ginger paste
2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp garam masala
1″piece of ginger julliened
2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves chopped fine
1. Grind 2 onions, the tomatoes, ginger, garlic together into a smooth paste.
2. Heat the oil in a deep, thick-bottomed pan on a medium flame.
3. Add the bay leaves, cloves, cardamom and peppercorns and fry for 1/2 a minute.
4. Add the remaining sliced onion and fry till light golden. Add the onion-tomato paste and fry till the oil begins to separate from the paste.
5. Add the dry spices – cumin, coriander, red chilli, tumeric and garam masala powders. Fry for 5 minutes.
6. Drain the water in the can from the chickpeas and rinse them well under running water. Add the chickpeas to the masala. Mix well.
7. Add salt to taste and water to make gravy (about 1 1/2 cups).
8. Simmer and cook covered for 10 minutes.
9. Use a flat spoon to mash some of the chickpeas coarsely. Mix well.
10. Garnish with juliennes of ginger and finely chopped fresh coriander leaves.
11. Serve piping hot with pooris/bhatooras.