Recipe for Chettinad Veg Biryani
Need a Chettinad Veg Biryani Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Chettinad Veg Biryani Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Chettinad Veg Biryani recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Chettinad Veg Biryani recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Chettinad Veg Biryani Recipe:
Chettinad Veg Biryani
300 gms Basmati Rice
100 gms Cauliflower (chopped)
100 gms Carrot (chopped)
50 gms Beans (chopped)
25 gms Peas
1 Onion (chopped)
1 flake Ginger
1 flake Garlic
3 Red Chilies
1 tsp Coriander Seeds
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
3 tsp Tomato Puree
3 tsp Oil
2 tsp Ghee
Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak the basmati rice for 30 minutes.
2. Now make a fine paste of red chilies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, garlic and ginger.
3. Heat a pan and put some ghee into it.
4. Add the soaked rice (no water) in it and cook till rice start sticking together.
5. Remove the rice from fire.
6. Heat a pan and put oil into it. When the oil turns hot, add chopped onion in it.
7. Stir till the onion turns golden brown in color.
8. Now add the paste and all the vegetables to the onions.
9. Add a little water, tomato puree and salt to the vegetables.
10. Add the sauté rice and some more water so as to cover the rice with water.
11. Cover the pan and let the rice cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
12. Chettinad veg Biryani is ready to eat. Serve it hot with lime juice.