Recipe for Chaap Masala
Need a Chaap Masala Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Chaap Masala Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Chaap Masala recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Chaap Masala recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Chaap Masala Recipe:
3 inch piece ginger (fresh, peeled and coarsely chopped)
3 tablespoons garlic (peeled and coarsely chopped)
6-8 lamb chops from the ribs, (remove all extra fat)
8 ounces tomatoes (grated or finely chopped
2 medium onions (very finely chopped)
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (red chilli powder)
12 ounces yogurt(beaten)
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cumin seeds (roasted, ground)
1-2 teaspoons garam masala
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2-3 tablespoon coriander (green leaves, fresh, chopped)
1. Put the ginger and garlic into the container of an electric blender with 2-3 tablespoons of water and blend to a paste.
2. Put the chops, tomatoes, onions, cayenne pepper, yoghurt, salt and ginger-garlic paste into a large wok or heavy-bottomed saucepan. Stir and bring to the boil.
3. Turn the heat to low, cover and simmer for 50 minutes or until the chops are almost cooked.
4. Add the cumin seeds and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the meat is tender and the sauce thick. Add the garam masala and lemon juice and stir.
5. Sprinkle fresh coriander over the top and serve.