Recipe for Cabbage Poriyal
Need a Cabbage Poriyal Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Cabbage Poriyal Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Cabbage Poriyal recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Cabbage Poriyal recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Cabbage Poriyal Recipe:
1 medium cabbage
1 Tbsp channa dal
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp urad daal-washed
2 sprigs of curry leaves
1 green chilli
A pinch of turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1 Tbsp oil
1/2 bunch of coriander
3 Tbsp grated fresh coconut
1. Shred the cabbage very finely.
2. Chop the green chillies.
3. Wash the coriander and chop very finely.
4. Heat oil in a deep pan and add the mustard seeds, channa dal, urad dal one after another.
5. After mustard seeds crackle, add cabbage and green chillies to it.
6. Stir and keep it covered at medium flame for a minute.
7. Add turmeric and salt. Stir and keep covered for another minute.
8. Add the grated coconut and chopped coriander. Serve hot.