Recipe for Bharli Vangi
Need a Bharli Vangi Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Bharli Vangi Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Bharli Vangi recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Bharli Vangi recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Bharli Vangi Recipe:
8-10 small tender vangi (brinjals/eggplants)
½ cup chopped onion
7-8 lasun/garlic cloves
¼ inch adrak/ginger piece (grated)
2 tbsp dry coconut (grated & roasted)
1 tsp til/sesame seeds (roasted)
2 tsp shengadane/peanuts ( roasted & skined)
1-2 tbsp chinch/tamarind pulp
2 tbsp gud/Jaggery (grated)
1 tsp Jeera/cummin seeds powder
1-2 tsp dhane/coriander seeds powder
½ tsp rai,
Pinch of Hing,
½ tsp Haldi
2-3 tsp red chilli powder
2-3 tsp Kala Goda masala
4 tbsp Oil
Salt as per taste
½ cup fresh coconut (scraped)
½ cup fresh green coriander (chopped)
1. Wash and slit brinjals into four pieces, but keep their stems intact (Do not cut right through the end). Put them in water.
2. Heat 1-2 tsp oil in a pan, add onion,ginger & garlic, stir-fry till onion turns translucent. Add dry coconut,sesame seeds,coriander seeds powder, jeera powder, peanuts, stir-fry for 2 minutes. Cool it & grind to a coarse paste.
3. Add Jaggery, tamarind pulp, Kala Goda masala, red chilli powder, Haldi, salt, ¾ of the (scraped fresh coconut, & chopped fresh coriander) to the coarse paste and mix well.
4. Stuff this mixture of paste in the brinjals
5. Heat remaining oil in pan, add rai, let it crackle, then add pinch of Hing & place stuffed brinjals into the pan & gently turn them once or twice for 4-5 minutes on medium heat to ensure even cooking.
6. Add 1 cup warm water, bring it to a boil, and cook on low heat. Cover the pan till brinjals are cooked & soft (Approx.10-15 minutes.)
7. Garnish with remaining fresh coconut & fresh coriander.Tip* You can add onion masala with peanuts and sesame. Then fry the brinjals in the masala, which perfects the rustic taste.