Recipe for Bengali Khichdi
Need a Bengali Khichdi Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Bengali Khichdi Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Bengali Khichdi recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Bengali Khichdi recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Bengali Khichdi Recipe:
1 cup rice
1 cup green gram dal
1 tbsp bengal gram dal
1 pinch turmeric powder
2 tbsps ghee
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp whole black pepper
2 red chillies
Few curry leaves
Few cinnamon pieces
2 drum sticks
2 green brinjals
Salt to taste
1. Dry roast green gram dal and Bengal gram dal together till you get a pleasant aroma and keep aside.(This step makes the kichdi more flavoursome.)
2. Peel and slice the onions.
3. Wash, peel and chop potatoes and carrots into one inch sticks.
4. Wash and cut drumsticks into one inch long pieces.
5. Wash and quarter the brinjals lengthwise, and then cut them into one inch long pieces and keep them immersed in water till needed.
6. Wash rice and the roasted dals together and drain.
7. Heat ghee in a kadai and add cumin seeds.
8. When the cumin seeds splutter add whole pepper corns and wait till they crack.
9. Add cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, broken red chillies and fry them.
10. Fry curry leaves and onion slices with the seasoning and then add the vegetables (drain the brinjals before adding), and saute for two more minutes.