Recipe for Beetroot Pachadi
Need a Beetroot Pachadi Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Beetroot Pachadi Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Beetroot Pachadi recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Beetroot Pachadi recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Beetroot Pachadi Recipe:
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 Tbsp mustard seeds
10-12 curry leaves
1 tsp chopped ginger
2 split green chilli
2 Tbsp coconut + 1 tsp coconut, grated
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/3rd tsp coriander powder
Salt, to taste
Water, to de glaze
1 1/2 Tbsp tamarind extract
1 small piece jaggery
3 beetroots, grated
Coriander leaves, to garnish
2 Tbsp curd
1. In a kadhai, mix coconut oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves, shallots, sliced ginger, split green chillies and grated coconut.
2. Now add the grated beetroot.
3. Saute the beetroot and the spices together
4. Add cumin powder, coriander powder, little salt for taste and little water.
5. Mix them well with the grated beetroot.
6. Add tamarind extract, jaggery, grated coconut and little water.
7. Cover it and let the beetroot cook for 7-10 minutes.
8. Sprinkle some coriander leaves and grated coconut.
9. Simmer for 5 minutes.
10. Add curd, mix well. Cook for 2 minutes.