Recipe for Beetroot Halwa
Need a Beetroot Halwa Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Beetroot Halwa Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Beetroot Halwa recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Beetroot Halwa recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Beetroot Halwa Recipe:
1 kg Beetroot (peeled off, washed & finely grated)
2-1/2 Cups sugar
1/2 Liter milk (boiled)
2 to 3 Cups of water (sufficient to boil the beetroot)
8 Cashew nuts
2 tbsp Ghee
1. Pour water in a shallow pan (kadahi) and add grated beetroot.
2. Put a lid on the pan and simmer well until water gets evaporated.
3. Add sugar and half of the milk, stir constantly until the mixture achieves a thick consistency.
4. Now add ghee and stir well.
5. Add remaining milk and simmer again for just 1-2 minutes on low heat.
6. Take off heat and garnish with cashew nuts and raisins.
7. Beetroot Halwa is ready to serve hot.