Need a Batata Wada Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Batata Wada Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Batata Wada recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Batata Wada recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Batata Wada Recipe:
6 medium Potatoes boiled and peeled
2 cups Gram flour (besan)
Oil 2 tablespoons + to deep fry
10-12 Curry leaves
1 tablespoon Crushed garlic
1 teaspoon Grated ginger
3 Green chillies
1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
Salt to taste
A few sprigs fresh coriander leaves
1 1/2 teaspoons Red chilli powder
1 teaspoon Baking soda (soda bicarbonate)
1. Mash the potatoes with hand and put into a bowl.
2. Heat 2 tbsps oil in a non-stick pan. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
3. Tear curry leaves and add to the pan. Add crushed garlic and saute. Add ginger and saute. Finely chop green chillies and add along with turmeric powder and potatoes and mix well.
4. Add salt and mix well. Transfer into a bowl and let it cool.
5. When it cools, finely chop coriander leaves and add and mix well. Shape into medium sized balls and flatten them slightly.
6. Take gram flour in another bowl. Add ½ tsp red chilli powder, salt and soda bicarbonate and mix well. Add sufficient water and whisk to make a smooth and semi thick batter.
7. Dip the potato balls in the batter and slide into hot oil. Deep fry till golden. Drain on absorbent paper.
8. Also drain the extra batter dumplings that form in the oil and put in a bowl. Add remaining red chilli powder and crush to make dry chutney.
9. Gently split open the pavs without cutting through, apply a little chutney on the inside, place a wada and arrange on a serving plate. Serve hot.