Recipe for Batata Vada
Need a Batata Vada Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Batata Vada Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Batata Vada recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Batata Vada recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Batata Vada Recipe:
2 Cups besan
3/4 lb Potatoes
2 tbsp Grated coconut
4 Onions, chopped finely
4 Green chillies
4 Cloves garlic
Sugar to taste
Juice of one lime
A few sprigs coriander leaves, chopped
1 tsp Mustard seeds
A small piece ginger
1 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
1 tsp Cumin seeds
A pinch of baking soda
Oil for deep frying
Water as required
Salt to taste
1. Cook potatoes into the Pressure cooker until soft.
2. Peel and mash them, keep aside.
3. Grind green chillies, garlic and ginger together to make a fine paste.
4. Combine this paste, potato, onions, coriander leaves, sugar, lime juice and salt, mix well.
5. Take a pan and heat a little oil and fry mustard seeds and curry leaves until the mustard crackles.
6. Remove it from the heat and add it to the potato mixture.
7. Take another bowl and combine besan, salt, cumin seeds, red chilli powder, baking soda, coconut, turmeric powder and little water in it, to make a thick batter.
8. Add a tsp of hot oil to the batter.
9. Make small balls from the potato mixture.
10. Dip each ball in the batter and deep fry until golden brown.
11. Serve hot batata vada with chutney or tomato sauce.