Recipe for Basundi
Need a Basundi Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Basundi Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Basundi recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Basundi recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Basundi Recipe:
1 liter or 4 cups Milk
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
5 chopped Almond (Badam)
1 tbsp chopped pista
10 strands Saffron (kesar)
1. Boil the milk in a heavy bottom kadai.
2. Now in 1 tblsp of warm milk add the saffron strands. Keep them aside for the flavours to release.
3. Keep stirring the milk constantly and reduce it till it becomes thick and the quantity of the milk is approximately half a litre.
4. Add the sugar, saffron and chopped nuts and cook for another 5 minutes. Stir the mixture occasionally. 5. Remove from the fire.
6. Transfer to a serving bowl and add the cardamom powder. Mix thoroughly.
7. Serve hot or cold garnished with nuts and saffron strands.