Need a Baigan Bharta Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Baigan Bharta Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Baigan Bharta recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Baigan Bharta recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Baigan Bharta Recipe:
1 medium Baigan (eggplant)
1/2 cup Cooked green peas
1 Finely chopped onions
1 Finely chopped tomatoes
1 Finely chopped green chilli
1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
3 tbsp Vegetable oil
Salt to taste
Chopped green coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Brush baigan (eggplant) with oil and roast it on a gas burner over medium heat.
2. Frequently turn the eggplant upside down, until fully roasted.
3. Once done, hold it under cold running water or in a bowl full of water. Cool it and peel off the blackened skin.
4. Mash the flesh.
5. Heat oil in a pan / kadhai . Add green chilli and onion and fry over medium heat until light golden brown.
6. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt and stir. Add tomatoes and cook until tender.
7. Add green peas and mashed baigan (eggplant). Stir well. Fry the baigan bhartha for 5-7 minutes over medium heat.
8. Garnish the baigan bharta with green coriander leaves and serve hot.